Download past issues of our newsletter, The Watch.
See our most recent e-Newsletters.
Past Issues of The Watch
- Summer 2012 issue of The Watch
- Winter 2011/2012 issue of The Watch
- Spring 2011 issue of The Watch
- Winter 2010 issue of The Watch
- Fall 2010 issue of The Watch
- Spring 2010 issue of The Watch
- Winter 2009 issue of The Watch
- Fall 2009 issue of The Watch
- Summer 2009 issue of The Watch:
California Red-Legged Frog; Welcoming Restoration Specialist Mary Paul; Wetlands Lectures Attract Large Audiences; Mary Paul, Restoration Specialist Extraordinaire; Farewell to Catherine Hatch; New Maps on Website; Wetlands Stewards: Oh What a Year!; Poem: Imprisoned Wings; Wetlands Alive! Tours; WWW Awarded Key Grants; Docent Class of 2009.
- Spring 2009 issue of The Watch (6.3MB)
Cara-Alexandra Sundell — After School and Wetlands Steward Coordinator; Watsonville Wetlands Watch Endowment Fund; Plans on Ice; Restoring Slough Edges; World Wetlands Day at the Watsonville Wetlands; What Is a Northern Harrier? New Outreach Committee; Fifth Annual Planting at Pajaro Valley High.
- Fall 2008 issue of The Watch (2.6MB)
Another Great Year for Wetland Stewards; New staff member Genie Dee; Wetlands Alive! Tours; WWW float; Docent Class of 2008; Annual Picnic; Proposition 50 Grant to Fund Restoration. (Download .pdf 2.6mb).
- Spring 2008 issue of The Watch (1.9MB)
New WWW Staff; A Note from the Interim Director; Volunteer Appreciation Celebration; Planning for Tarplant Hill; Environmental Hero: Bob Culbertson; Calendar; Birding the Pajaro Valley; Nature Watercolor Journaling workshop.
- Fall 2007 issue of The Watch (6.7MB)
Junior Weed Warriors; Update on Wetland Stewards; Big Changes at the Fitz WERC; Science Illustration: A Project SEE Case Study; Spotlight on Restoration; Friends of Pajaro Dunes; Nature Watercolor Journaling Workshop; Volunteers in Action: Chris Johnson-Lyons; Free Water...It's on the House.
- Summer 2007 issue of The Watch (3.8MB)
A Tilt toward the Sun; Local Donors Help Build Outdoor Curriculum for Watsonville Students; Wetlands Stewards End School Year with a Flourish; Docent Class of 2007; Tarplant Hill Preservation Celebrated.
- Spring 2007 issue of The Watch (369KB)
Through the Eyes of an Intern; Introducing the Wetland Stewards Program; New Volunteer Coordinator; Volunteer Spotlight: Alice Weigel; Docent Training Program; The Tale of Tar Plant Hill; Where have all the frogs gone?; Letting Down their Roots.
- Fall 2006 issue of The Watch (273KB)
Sedges have Edges; Fitz WERC Native Plant Demonstration Garden; Our Greenhouse Opens.
- Summer 2006 issue of The Watch (314KB)
Watching over the prairie ; Cleaning up our water; Teachers and Students Get Their Feet “Wet;” Super Volunteer; Master Wildlife Artist.
- Spring 2006 issue of The Watch (264KB)
Birding the Sloughs; Open House; National Fish and Wildlife Service restoration project; employee profiles; Bay Breeze outreach project; and other events.
- Fall 2005 issue of The Watch (614KB)
Disappearing plant species; A WERC in progress; Late Summer Members' Picnic; and other events.
- Spring/Summer 2005 issue of The Watch
New Wetlands Education Resource Center Groundbreaking; WERC Coordinator Hired; Wail Tail Grant Update; Earth Day.
- Spring 2005 issue of The Watch (4.1MB)
Slough Niche: Journey Into the Night; Environmental Improvements to PVHS; Educational Environmental Success Story; Progress Report on WERC.
- Summer 2004 issue of The Watch (1.3MB)
Slough Niche: Wrapped in Wings; Field Notes...; Whale Tale Grant; Success to Volunteers; Louise Newberry; and Pajaro River Flood Control Project Alternatives.
- Spring 2004 issue of The Watch (1MB)
Slough Niche: Why Duck Populations Change; Rumme: Living River; What's News; Fighting to Save the River; Winter Restoration Work in the Sloughs; and Red-legged Frogs: Living on the Fringe.
- Spring/Summer 2003 issue of The Watch (228K)
Slough Niche: Under an Owl Moon; Earthday Celebration; A Whale of a Tale.
- Spring 2003 issue of The Watch (1.4MB)
Slough Niche: Swainson's Hawk; Groundbreaking for Pajaro Valley High School; WWW Activities in 2002.